Lets be honest, I have heard it coming straight from our clients " I hate doing all the things to get ready for my spray tan" or "I hate all the maintenance to take care of my spray tan". Lucky for you, we hear this. We are just as busy and we also don't want to do all the things. So to make it easier for you and to keep your tan lasting, here is the bare minimum of what you WILL have to do to make sure your tan develops correctly and fades naturally. Lets read about how to prepare for a spray tan.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT-
1. Be sure to do all beauty appointments before your spray, hair, nails, massage, aesthetics etc...
2. At the END of your shower before your spray tan and at least 4 hours before your appointment use just WATER and an exfoliate mitt or glove to exfoliate and do circles on the skin. Be sure to get your whole body. Pay attention to neck, chest, elbows, wrists, knees ankles and feet.
3. Get out and put nothing on the skin.
4. Wear loose clothing to your appointment and sandals or loose shoes with no socks.
PRO TIP- Short on time or forgot to prep for your spray? Do a quick dry brushing and then put nothing on the skin and you are ready to go. Our solutions are all rapid/express solutions so you can shower in a couple hours!
Here is a link to one we love.
THAT IS IT! YOU ARE READY TO BE SPRAYED! WOOOOHOOOOO!
AFTER YOUR SPRAY TAN-
1. Do your rinse at the time instructed by your technician with luke warm water and no products. Pat dry with the towel.
2. Apply a spray tan safe moisturizer to your whole body at least once a day preferably morning and night. Be sure not to miss, neck, chest, elbows, wrists, ankles and feet. This will just help those areas fade naturally.
3. Drink plenty of water!
That is it! You should have a nice tan that fades naturally and evenly. If you have any additional questions about how to prepare for a spray tan feel free to reach out to us!